The Garden Design Lab
If you were building a house, you'd need an architect to create plans.
But that's only going to get you part of the way to having a beautiful comfortable home.
The other thing you need is a design plan for everything inside those walls.
In garden design terms, Planting Design Boot Camp is the course that will help you create those beautiful healthy interiors.
But if you need help with "building the house", or creating the garden's master plan (i.e. you are starting from scratch or want to completely renovate your garden) then you may want to upgrade and join The Garden Design Lab.
Everything that is in Planting Design Boot Camp is also in the Garden Design Lab - but you also get the other half of the course... the part that will teach you how create a master plan and a design framework for your garden.
I've been a gardener all my life and a professional garden designer for 18+ years. But it wasn't until I'd been practicing design for many years that I was able to evolve strategies and a repeatable system that makes it much easier.
Now, I use it to design gardens that I know will be beautiful and successful. It makes it a whole lot easier to get it right every time. And that is what I will be teaching you.
It doesn't matter where you live. And it doesn't matter what your personal style is (in fact, this class will help you figure that out too).
The Garden Design Lab Upgrade will add on 2 additional modules, over 5 hours of additional instructional videos, and more than a dozen additional downloads to the course. In these lessons, (which precede the Planting Design Boot Camp lessons), you will learn how to:
Measure up + Create a Base Plan
- Measure and draw your garden to scale - ensuring everything fits and works together
- How big should it be? A Guide to Garden Design Measurements
Work out All the Uses & Needs of the Garden
- Using The Garden Makers Questionnaire you will brainstorm and understand all the ways you use your garden
- Your garden has many functions and you will learn how to create a place for everything
- Plan for growing, but also play and entertaining in a way that highlights and compliments your home
Establish Design Inspiration + Your Unique Garden Style
- Discover and define your own garden design style
- Utilize the same design principles used by the pros
- How to unify your house and garden
Generate Layout Ideas + Refine
- Easily generate lots of creative layouts that you never thought possible
- Understand why some gardens work and others don't - and how to get the most out of your space
- Designer tricks to resolve problem areas and difficult projects
- Work the grid and use shape and pattern in design
- How to create movement in your design
Select Building Materials & Infuse the Garden with Your Style
- Mix and match materials like a pro
- Choose and create focal points that work
- Add art and thoughtful details that will make your garden special
- The 7 golden rules of garden design
Establish a Master Plan
- Create a master plan that is buildable over time or all at once
- Identify all the areas that need a planting plan (You can learn how to create stunning planting plans in the Planting Design Boot Camp that follow these lessons)
- Next steps: Breaking down your plan for construction
Regular Price: $389
(when purchased separately)
Upgrade For Only: $249
(save $140 when purchased with Planting Design Boot Camp)
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email welcoming you to the course with your login, and password for the course site.
There is a 7-day money back guarantee. If you want to cancel your purchase of the course for any reason, you are free to do that with a full refund up until 7 days after you have purchased the course.